Organic production is a holistic system designed to optimize the productivity and fitness of diverse communities within the agro-ecosystem, including soil organisms, plants, livestock and people. The principal goal of organic production is to develop enterprises that are sustainable and harmonious with the environment. CAN/CGSB-32.310, Organic Production Systems – General Principles and Management Standards, describes the principles and management standards of organic production systems.
As in the case of all products sold in Canada, organic inputs, such as, but not limited to, fertilizers, feed supplements, pesticides, soil mendments, veterinary treatments, processing additives or aids, sanitizing and cleaning material; and products derived from organic agriculture, such as, but not limited to, feed and food should comply with all applicable regulatory requirements.
General Principles of Organic Production Organic production is based on principles that support healthy practices. These principles aim to increase the quality and the durability of the environment through specific management and production methods. They also focus on ensuring the humane treatment of animals.The general principles of organic production include the following:
1. Protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health.
2. Maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil.
3. Maintain biological diversity within the system.
4. Recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise.
5. Provide attentive care that promotes the health and meets the behavioral needs of livestock.
6. Prepare organic products, emphasizing careful processing, and handling methods in order to maintain the organic integrity and vital qualities of the products at all stages of production.
7.Rely on renewable resources in locally organized agricultural systems.
Reference: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
For questions or inquiries, please contact us or fill out the quick contact form on this page and we will get back to you shortly.
Note : We Can Issue Non-Accredit approval Certificate(Declaration approval) based on
1-Act of 1990 and 7 CFR Parts 205.
2-Regulation (EC) No. 834/2007 & (EC) No. 889/2008
Our approval is not accredit by USDA or IFOAM,EU Commission & will issue based on Client request .