ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System
Most of the international standards begin with the letters “ISO”, the acronym for the “International Organization for Standardization.” This worldwide federation of 110 national standards bodies works to promote the growth of manufacturing, trade and communication among business operations worldwide, through the development of generic quality standards.
One of the purposes of the TNRS is process approach. Process approach is to enhance an organization’s effectiveness and efficiency in achieving its defined objectives. In relation to ISO 9001:2008 this means enhancing customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
Benefits of the process approach are:
- Integration and alignment of processes to enable achievement of desired outcomes
- Ability to focus effort on process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provision of confidence to customers, and other interested parties, about the consistent performance of the organization.
- Transparency of operations within the organization.
- Lower costs and creation of shorter cycle times, through the effective use of resources.
- Improved, consistent and predictable results.
- Provision of opportunities for focused and prioritized improvement initiatives.
- Encouragement of the involvement of people and the clarification of their responsibilities
Who is it relevant for?
ISO 9001:2008 is relevant to any organization that wishes to exceed customer expectations, a basic requirement for businesses of all types and sizes, whether they’re in the private, public or voluntary sectors.
For more information you may refer to ISO organization. If you are interested to get certified, contact us today!